Due to insistent public demand, we have decided to extend the deadline for the V Studios Short Film Contest!
The short film contest is now extended until 30 July 2012. Everyone has a story and we want to help you tell yours.
This is your chance to Make a Difference through visual story telling. Join our search for the best 10-minute, story-driven short film that aims to inspire audiences to make a difference. This is open to all independent filmmakers and Independent Representative (networkers) from around the globe regardless of nationality or origin.
VSTUDIOS SHORT FILM CONTEST MECHANICS & RULES & REGULATIONS
Each entry must include the following:
1. ENTRY FORM
You can download entry forms from the V-Indonesia 2012 microsite or send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you a copy. Make sure to fill out the form clearly and completely and don’t forget to sign it off.
2. SHORT FILM/ VIDEO ENTRY ON DVD
All entries must be in PAL format if in DVD, but if you wish to send your entries via e-mail please send it in .MP4 format. You may email it directly to email@example.com. Total running time must not be over 10 minutes including beginning and ending credits. The short film must have any of the following themes:
- V-Indonesia 2012
- I’m M.A.D. (Making a Difference)
- Network Marketing Concepts like:
- Financial Freedom and the like
3. ENTRY FEE – RM 50 or US $16
All video entries received via e-mail will only be eligible if accompanied with a completed form and if payment has been successfully received. Payments can be in the form of bank check, money order, e-cards, or cards.
Please make all checks or money orders payable to: VStudios Sdn. Bhd.
MAIL ALL ENTRIES TO:
VStudios Sdn. Bhd.
8th Floor, Block C, PJ8 Tower, QI Tower,
No. 23 Jalan Barat, Section 8, 46050 Petaling Jaya,
Contact #: +603-7965 8299
ALL SHORT FILM ENTRIES MUST BE POSTMARKED OR EMAILED TO US NO LATER THAN 15 JULY 2012.
We know how creative you can be, so you may submit multiple entries if you wish. However, each entry requires a separate DVD, entry form and contest fee.
Unbelievable prizes from the V and QNet await the winning entries, to be awarded at V-Indonesia 2012:
- 1st PRIZE – US$5000 Total worth of Cash, QNet Products, V-Con Passes
- 2nd PRIZE – US$3000 Total worth of Cash, QNet Products, V-Con Passes
- 3rd PRIZE – US$2000 Total worth of Cash, QNet Products, V-Con Passes
Plus lots of consolation prizes!
For more details, visit http://v-indonesia2012.the-v.net
CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS:
Entrants may submit multiple entries however each entry requires a separate DVD, entry form and entrance fee. (Entrance fee is non-refundable)
1. Short films that are submitted must be the entrants’ original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
Contestants agree that they have obtained all required permissions regarding music, sound, and/or images presented in your short film. By entering the competition, the entrant agrees that the VStudios Short Film Competition will not be held liable for any copyright infringements perpetrated by you or your short film. The VStudios Short Film Competition reserves the right to not screen any film(s) for any reason it deems valid. Winners will be required to sign an affidavit confirming that their short film is original and he/she holds all rights. Failure to sign and return the form within the required time period (30 days) or provision of false information may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Affidavits of winners under 18 years of age at time of award must be countersigned by parent or legal guardian. Affidavits are subject to verification by VStudios and its agents. Entrants will retain all ownership rights to their submitted films.
2. Entry materials of DVDs submitted will not be returned to the entrant. The VStudios Short Film Competition is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen, or misappropriated entries.
3. Selection of Winning Entries. Winners are selected by a judging panel of industry professionals consisting of independent producers, production companies, agents, distributors, filmmakers, and other industry professionals who may be substituted at the discretion of the competition organizers.
All entries are judged equally based on these five areas:
- Content Originality (Quality of storyline, and script)
- Production (Camera work, lighting, and shot composition)
- Post-Production (Editing, transitions, pacing, continuity, and flow)
- Image (Focus, color, and lighting)
- Sound Quality (Clarity, consistency of audio levels, and lack of noise)
4. VStudios reserves the right to change or make modifications in the announced prizes. Contestants should periodically visit the contest site for announcements.
5. Announcement of Winners. Winners will be announced by AUGUST 1, 2012 and will be notified by mail and/or email and will also be listed on the competition website. VStudios will use its best efforts to announce the winners at the designated time, but will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays.
6. All prizes will be awarded to the first name as it appears on the entry form, and division of prizes among co-directors is the responsibility of the winners. However, multiple directors will be listed on our website and in all press releases. VStudios will use its best efforts to send prizes out in a timely fashion. All federal, state, and local taxes, and customs fees, when applicable, are the sole responsibility of the winner. VStudios will not pay any winners’ taxes. Please note that prizes, which are being sent to winners from Sponsors, may take longer than prizes sent directly from the VStudios. If the winner has not received any portion of sponsored prizes within 180 days and has not informed VStudios, VStudios will no longer be responsible for delivery of sponsored prizes.
7. By entering the VStudios Short Film Competition, contestants and/or their parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of the competition and its judges, which are final and binding in all matters.
Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official competition rules and regulations as established herein. Employees, their families, subsidiaries, and affiliates are not eligible. If entrant is under 18 years old, the signature of a parent or guardian is required.
8. The VStudios Short Film Competition reserves the right to extend the competition deadline for any unforeseen reasons if needed. Entry constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness, and voice for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Void where prohibited.